This course deals with modeling and management of various types of big data and knowledge from the data-driven service life cycle perspective. Students learn modern technologies of ingestion, storage, distribution, and processing of big data in parallel and distributed cloud computing environment, and complete a term project on real-world data-driven applications.
- · Historical development of data models and data management systems
- · Structured data management and relational data model
- · Relational data storage and meta data management, and query processing
- · Transaction management and database recovery management
- · Spatio-temporal data, graph data, semi-structured and unstructured data, and knowledge structures
- · Parallel and distributed big data systems and complex analytics processing and machine learning on cloud infrastructure
- · Big data and model life cycle management